It will be reviewed asap, THANK YOU!
You must make a change to send a suggestion.
Please try to contact if you want to continue.
There in a shack on the desert, one night in a storm
Amid streaks of lightnin' and loud desert thunder
To a young Mexican couple, a baby was born;
Just as the baby cried, thunder and lightnin' died
Moon gave it's light to the world and the stars did the same
Mother and Father, both proud of the daughter
That heaven had sent them, Felena was this baby's name.
When she was seventeen, bothered by crazy dreams
She ran away from the shack and left them to roam
Father and Mother, both asked one another
What made her run away, what made Felena leave home;
Tired of the desert nights, poverty, grief, and strife
She ran away late one night in the moon's golden beam
She didn't know where she'd go, but she'd get there
And she would find happiness, if she would follow her dream.
After she ran away, she went to Santa Fe
And in the year that she stayed there, she learned about life
In just a little while, she learned that with her smile
She could have pretty clothes, she could be any man's wife;
Rich men romanced her, they dined and they danced her
She understood men and she treated them all just the same
A form that was fine and rare, dark shining glossy hair
Lovely to look at, Felena was this woman's name.
Restless in Santa Fe, she had to get away
To any town where the lights had a much brighter glow
One cowboy mentioned the town of El Paso
They never stopped dancin' and money like whiskey did flow;
She bought a one-way, a ticket from Santa Fe
Three days and nights on a stage with a rest now and then
She didn't mind that, she knew she would find that
Her new life would be more exciting than where she had been
The stage made it's last stop, up there on the mountain top
To let her see all the lights at the foot of the hill
Her world was brighter and deep down inside her
An uncontrolled beating, her young heart just wouldn't be still;
She got a hotel, a room at the Lily Belle
Quickly she changed to a form-fitting black satin dress
Every man stopped to stare, at this form fine and rare
Even the women remarked of the charm she possessed.
Dancin' and laughter, was what she was after
And Rosa's Cantina had lights, with love in the gleam
That's what she hunted and that's what she wanted
Rosa's was one place, a nice girl would never be seen;
Find more similar lyrics on http://mp3lyrics.com/7YfsIt was the same way, it was back in Santa Fe
Men would make fools of themselves at the thought of romance
Rosa took heed of, the place was in need of
This kind of excitement, so she paid Felena to dance.
A year passed or maybe more then then through the swingin' doors
Came a young cowboy so tall and so handsomely dressed
This one was new in town, hadn't been seen around
He was so different, he wasn't like all of the rest;
Feleena danced close to him, then threw a rose to him
Quickly he walked to her table and there he sat down
And in a day or so, wherever folks would go
They'd see this young cowboy, showin' Felena the town.
Six weeks he went with her, each minute spent with her
But he was insanely jealous of glances she'd give
Inside he was a-hurtin', from all of her flirtin'
That was her nature and that was the way that she lived;
She flirted one night, it started a gun-fight
And after the smoke cleared away, on the floor lay a man
Felena's young lover, had shot down another
And he had to leave there, so out through the back door he ran
The next day at five o'clock, she heard a rifle shot
Quickly she ran to the door, that was facin' the pass
She saw her cowboy, her wild-ridin' cowboy
Low in the saddle, her cowboy was ridin' in fast;
She ran to meet him, to kiss and to greet him
He saw her and motioned her back, with a wave of his hand
Bullets were flyin', Felena was cryin'
As she saw him fall from the saddle and into the sand.
Felena knelt near him, to hold and to hear him
When she felt the warm blood that flowed from the wound in his side
He raised to kiss her and she heard him whisper
"Never forget me - Felena it's over, goodbye."
Quickly she grabbed for, the six-gun that he wore
And screamin' in anger and placin' the gun to her breast
Bury us both deep and maybe we'll find peace
Then pullin' the trigger, she fell 'cross the dead cowboy's chest.
Out in El Paso, whenever the wind blows
If you'll listen closely at night, you'll hear in the wind
A woman is cryin', it's not the wind sighin'
Old timer's tell you, Felena is callin' for him;
You'll hear them talkin' and you'll hear them walkin'
You'll hear them laugh and you'll look, but there's no one around
Don't be alarmed - there is really no harm there
It's only the young cowboy, showin' Felena the town.
Thank you for visiting www.mp3lyrics.org, we hope you had fun :-)
Comments on Feleena (From el Paso) Lyrics by Marty Robbins
Marty Robbins biography
No artist in the history of country music has had a more stylistically diverse career than Marty Robbins. Never content to remain just a country singer, Robbins performed successfully in many styles during his more than 30 years in the business. To his credit, Robbins rarely followed trends but often took off in directions that stunned both his peers and fans.
Born, Martin David Robertson, on September 26, 1925, and raised in Glendale, AZ, Robbins was exposed to music at an early age. His mother's father was "Texas" Bob Heckle, a former medicine show man who told his grandson cowboy stories and tales of the traveling show. Robbins became enraptured by the cowboy tales and, once he became a teenager, worked on his older brother's ranch outside of Phoenix, Arizona, concentrating more on his cowboy duties than his studies.
In 1943, he joined the U.S. Navy to fight in World War II. While he was in the service, he learned how to play guitar and d.....MORE.....(full Marty Robbins biography) ←
Other songs similar to Marty Robbins Feleena (From el Paso) lyrics
If you like Feleena (From el Paso) lyrics by Marty Robbins you may also like the lyrics to these similar songs
- English 584 LyricsMarty Robbins She's Made of Faith
- English 584 LyricsMarty Robbins You Won't Have her Long
- English 584 LyricsMarty Robbins She Thinks I Still Care
- English 584 LyricsMarty Robbins Your Heart's Turn to Break
- English 584 LyricsMarty Robbins Another Lost Weekend
- English 584 LyricsMarty Robbins Nothing but Sweet Lies
- English 584 LyricsMarty Robbins Queen of the big Rodeo
- English 584 LyricsMarty Robbins She was Young and she was Pretty
- English 584 LyricsMarty Robbins She was Only Seventeen
- English 584 LyricsMarty Robbins Foggy Foggy dew
- English 584 LyricsMarty Robbins Lolene
- English 584 LyricsMarty Robbins Abilene Rose
- English 584 LyricsMarty Robbins Try a Little Tenderness
- English 584 LyricsMarty Robbins Santa Claus is Comming to Town
- English 584 LyricsMarty Robbins Camelia
- English 584 LyricsMarty Robbins A Woman Gets her way
- English 584 LyricsMarty Robbins The Little Shirt my Mother Made for me
- English 584 LyricsMarty Robbins Not So Long Ago
- English 584 LyricsMarty Robbins Taker
- English 584 LyricsMarty Robbins Love is in the air
- English 584 LyricsMarty Robbins Over High Mountain
- English 584 LyricsMarty Robbins She's Just a Drifter
- English 584 LyricsMarty Robbins Ava Maria Morales
- English 584 LyricsMarty Robbins All Around Cowboy
- English 584 LyricsMarty Robbins My Woman, my Woman, my Wife
- English 584 LyricsMarty Robbins Ride Cowboy Ride
- English 584 LyricsMarty Robbins Old red
- English 584 LyricsMarty Robbins To Be in Love With Her
- English 584 LyricsMarty Robbins Eyes
- English 584 LyricsMarty Robbins Waiting in Reno
- English 584 LyricsMarty Robbins Nestor, the Long Eared Christmas Donkey
- English 584 LyricsMarty Robbins Christams Time is Here Again
- English 584 LyricsMarty Robbins Tall Handsome Stranger
- English 584 LyricsMarty Robbins The Woman in My Bed
- English 584 LyricsMarty Robbins Ain't I the Lucky one
- English 584 LyricsMarty Robbins Ballad of a Small man
- English 584 LyricsMarty Robbins Girl with Gardenias in her Hair
- English 584 LyricsMarty Robbins Rudolph the red Nosed Reindeer
- English 584 LyricsMarty Robbins The Great Speckled Bird
- English 584 LyricsMarty Robbins Private Wilson White