It will be reviewed asap, THANK YOU!
You must make a change to send a suggestion.
Please try to contact if you want to continue.
Yes I know that the world will revert to the meek,
And sometimes at night on the Borroloola Road,
When I work hard all day and I've carried my load,
I lay in my swag and watch the old Southern Cross,
I realise then, that this world has a boss.
I've been in this world, for so many years,
I've tasted torment, love and some tears,
And I've been so down, I thought I would never get up,
And somehow I did and it wasn't just luck,
Now the Territory's hard on man and machine,
And if you haven't tried it, you won't know what I mean,
Break downs all day and things goin' wrong,
Too much down time; this job's takin' too long;
At dark time a stew and a couple of beers,
The blokes are happy but my worries are almost in tears.
But then comes the quiet, the peace and the still,
And I feel that He's close, and if He wants to talk,
Then I know that I will.
I lay in my swag and I think,
Find more similar lyrics on http://mp3lyrics.com/5rX4I wonder who made the quiet, the peace and the still?
Who made this land where I impose my will?
Who made the softness of this land by night?
This land so hard and cruel in days searing light,
When the sky of the night, makes so small of my human camp light,
When the Milky Way has it's own way,
And the stars in their millions, on my imagination play.
When the bray of a donkey, carries so far,
When the wail of a dingo, echos back from a distant star,
When the wonder of it all leaves me at a loss,
I realise then, that this world, has a boss.
So when I'm old and grey,
And the Borroloola Road is a long, gone day,
When the race is done and I've had my earthly run,
When my sons are grown and can handle the loss,
I hope that all through my life he's known, that I've known,
That he is the boss, yes he is the boss.
From his album: "'99"
Transcribed: Marten Busstra 2009
Thank you for visiting www.mp3lyrics.org, we hope you had fun :-)
Comments on Bushman's Prayer Lyrics by Slim Dusty
Slim Dusty biography
Slim Dusty is known as the ‘Father of Australian Country Music’ and was born on 13 June 1927 as David Gordon Kirkpatrick at Kempsey, New South Wales, Australia. He grew up on his father’s dairy farm at nearby Nulla Nulla Creek and at the young age of 10 he wrote his first song, ‘The Way the Cowboy Dies’
While still working on the family property, Slim sang during intervals at cinemas, at rodeos and community concerts and even did some busking on the streets.. In fact he sang whenever and wherever he could.
In 1942 he gatecrashed radio station 2KM Kempsey to record at his own expense, his first record, “Song for the Aussies” and “My Final Song.” In 1946 he signed a recording contract with Columbia for their Regal Zonophone label and recorded six titles including his first country classic “When the Rain Tumbles down in July”., which he had written the year before. Then in 1948 he began a part time career.....MORE.....(full Slim Dusty biography) ←
Other songs similar to Slim Dusty Bushman's Prayer lyrics
If you like Bushman's Prayer lyrics by Slim Dusty you may also like the lyrics to these similar songs
- English 64 LyricsMoxy Fruvous I Love my Boss (Alternate)
- English 82 LyricsFool's Garden Noone's Song
- English 578 LyricsSlim Dusty Bill
- English 117 LyricsSkyclad The Cradle Will Fall
- English 578 LyricsSlim Dusty I've Been There (and Back Again)
- English 578 LyricsSlim Dusty Copped the Lot
- English 578 LyricsSlim Dusty Australia's on the Wallaby
- English 154 LyricsWiz Khalifa Extra Credit
- English 578 LyricsSlim Dusty So Long, Old Mates
- English 176 LyricsAlison Krauss Faraway Land
- English 578 LyricsSlim Dusty Condamine Horse Bell
- English 290 LyricsCher Perfection
- English 11 LyricsPoetic Ammo It's a Nice day to be Alive
- English 18 LyricsRedgum The Drover's Dog
- English 143 LyricsBathory Man of Iron
- English 117 LyricsSkyclad A Word to the Wise
- English 96 LyricsJack Johnson Losing Keys
- English 44 LyricsLiberty X Never Meant to say Goodbye
- English 135 LyricsDropkick Murphys The Pub With No Beer
- English 91 LyricsThe Samples Feel us Shakin'
- English 56 LyricsSamples Feel us Shakin'
- English 5 LyricsTonystark What you are
- English 19 LyricsJorn Glow in the Dark
- English 106 LyricsThird Day Carry my Cross
- English 12 LyricsWarren Zanes Where we Began
- English 95 LyricsB.O.B Patron and Swag Freestyle
- English 63 LyricsEvergrey Beyond Salvation
- English 158 LyricsRush 2112
- English 578 LyricsSlim Dusty Trumby
- English 18 LyricsDivina Enema Vi. Eaten & Forgotten
- English 12 LyricsRedlightmusic My Friend
- English 155 LyricsWeen 2112 (Rush Cover)
- English 131 LyricsNitty Gritty Dirt Band Leon McDuff
- English 194 LyricsNorma Jean An act of my own
- English 27 LyricsLuti-Kriss An act of my own Volition
- English 122 LyricsWu-Tang Clan Life Changes
- English 60 LyricsGenius/Gza Phony as ya Wanna be
- English 80 LyricsConflict A Message to who
- English 80 LyricsJaheim In My Hands
- English 12 LyricsDum Dums The Kind of day I've had